Monday, July 9, 2012

Le Omelette




    I love omelettes. My idea of a perfect brunch consists of a 3-egg spinach and cheese omelette with sides of fries and cheese-baked broccoli at the lovely Choir Cafe (located near Ximen District, Taipei) on a lazy Sunday.

    Well, I just had a huge breakfast, and I know I have been rather quiet this weekend, being out shopping (and I bought loads, sort of). There's just this little bit of guilt gnawing at my mind, so here's a little recipe for a nice ol' cheesy omelette, just so you can have a lovely morning to start the day too  :)   Bon appetit!


1. Heat butter in a small non-stick frying pan.
2. Fry 1/2 cup of sliced button mushrooms over the heat until golden brown, set aside.
3. Mix the cooked mushrooms with 1/4 cup grated cheddar and some mixed herbs.
4. Pour 2 eggs, beaten, into the pan and cook until half set.
5. Spoon the mushroom mixture over one half of the omelette, add a litte seasoning.
6. Flip the other half over with a spatula so that it covers the mushrooms.
7. Cook for a little while more so that the cheese melts sufficiently.
8. Slide onto a plate and serve!

p/S  For a lighter, fluffier omelette, add a tablespoon of water for each egg used.



Bises! ♥♥




2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...